Monday, May 28, 2007

The Big 3rd Birthday Party!


We had the 3rd Birthday Party yesterday afternoon. It was such a perfect day. The weather was nice, everyone had a great time, the kids really got into their party, gifts, cake, and family and friends. I was pleasantly surprised at what a great time everyone had. Last year their birthday party was very stressful for me. This year I kind of expected the same thing but it was actually the opposite. Of course I have to say that I had a lot of help getting ready for the party. Both Grandmas and Auntie Jane made the food, Sue helped me plan the game, my friend Kate got a big blow up house for free and delivered it, Jon took care of the drinks, and I got the activity stuff ready.
So as I mentioned we had a great big bouncy house in our backyard. My friend and fellow triplet mom Kate had a connection to get the house for free. I was blown away at how big this blow up house was. It looked like a castle and it had princesses on the front of it. It was pretty girly for KJ but I don't even think he noticed. I invited two other triplet families and some close friends who had kids. We had 1-5 month old, 10-2-3 year olds, and 3 older kids. EVERYONE loved the bouncy house including the Mommies, Daddies, and the Grandmas too. It was a hit. The kids were having so much fun in the bouncy house that they kept asking if we could keep it. They would tell me over and over that they wanted to keep it for their Birthday Party. They did not quite get that we were at their Birthday party. It was really cute. This morning Aimee told me again that she wanted to keep the blow up house and I told her that it had to go to another Birthday Party so those kids could have fun. She then told me that Grandma told her she could keep it. She really wanted that house. I told her that I knew Grandma did not tell her that and that the blow up house was going to go to the other party. She seemed fine with it after that. All the kids got to make a foam key chain with stickers on it and take it home with them. This seemed to be a hit with everyone. Our new(used) Wood Play set was a hit with all the kids too.
Their actually Birthday is not until Friday. I might have to blog a little more about their coming up b-day this week so bear with me on that.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Great pictures. Looks like a super fun day!