Friday, May 25, 2007

Inner Stirrings

I was not sure what to title this post but Inner Stirrings came to mind so I went with it. This week I have been extra sensitive to many things. I can't really pin point what it is but I suspect that it is due to the fact that my babies are going to be 3, Jon is in transition for his new job, I am working on a very important project at work, I have had long conversations with two very good friends that I have not talked to in YEARS this week, and we in general just have lots of change going on in our lives.

I was talking to one of my long lost friends and she asked me in general how life is for me. I described it as "The Days are long, but the Years are short". Since she does not have any kids yet, I am not sure she really grasped what I was saying. It is amazing to me that in less than one week my sweet little babies will be turning three. They are potty trained, they sleep in big beds, they talk in sentences, they no longer have pacifiers, they really don't need a stroller anymore and the bottom line is that they are NOT babies. I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around this. In some regards I can't remember my life before they were in it and then I think, how has three years already gone by. I fight with the thoughts of having no regrets. I want to make sure that I am soaking all of this in. I don't want to look back and think, gosh if I only took more time to do this or that with them! It is not a perfect world though so it is always very easy to look back as hindsight is always 20/20!

These children are amazing and it just keeps getting better. I enjoy them tremendously and I love having big people conversations with them. Ella is in the stage right now where she asks "why" about EVERYTHING! I love being their hero and that they want to help me with everything and generally just want me to be with them all the time. I will post about their big 3rd birthday party that is happening in the near future and I will also post some more about the last three years so stayed tuned!

I also mentioned that Jon is in transition for work. I am so excited for him and he back to his passion that he had to leave for almost 6 years. It is amazing how the person you marry can mentally leave and then just reappear again one day! What I mean is that Jon was not himself for a long time and I really struggled with that. However, now that he is back doing what he loves he is back being the guy that I married almost 7 years ago. I thank God for this DAILY. It is so nice to have him back and I hope he never leaves again.

For my job, I am helping to build a hospital in a community that really needs it. We had our ground breaking ceremony this week and it was amazing. The minister got up at the end to say a prayer and it really moved me. He prayed to God to guide all of us that have a hand in building this incredible new hospital. He asked God to bless the site where many people would start their life and where many people would end their life. He asked God for a lot more than that but I want to say that my point is it feels Awesome to be involved in a project that is going to help so many people in future years. It could help my children, my grandchildren, my great grandchildren, etc.. Like I said, I am blessed to be involved in such a tremendous project.

Overall, I am just a little extra emotional right now. I feel that God has blessed my life beyond measure and I want to hold on to the things I love as tight as I can. Being involved with this hospital project amongst other stories I have heard, I know how fragile life can be. I know that at any time or place myself or one of the people in my life that means so much, can fall ill or in danger. Tragedy happens everyday and instead of worrying about what can happen I just pray to God that he protects us and gives us strength to "get through this thing called life"!

Alleluia for all he has done for me and my family. This post is different than most of my posts but I am not going to apologize for it I am just going to put it out there because I have these "inner stirrings"! Now I am going to get on with the big Birthday Weekend! God Bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they are going to be 3 years old!!!! They've definately changed since I first met you all! Your family is such a blessing and inspiration to me... You do such a great job as parents!

The Amazing Trips said...

I think birthdays definitely have a tendency to make us reflective, and certainly thankful for our blessings. Especially when those blessings come in the way of three beautiful babies that are growing up.

Ah, this parenting stuff - it's bittersweet!

Jennifer said...

Wow! We really are in the same place right now. I am so thankful for the little reminders along the way to soak it all in...how tragic to not get that nudge until it was too late!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!