Thursday, May 17, 2007

Potty Pep Talk

So the night before we started potty training back in April, Jon and I took the kids to the MOA to go on some rides. While we were there we walked past Build A Bear and so I promised the kids that once they got potty trained we would go and build a bear. Since we have 2 fully trained and one trained to go number one I decided it was time to go and get our bears. We took Grandma with us and I was so glad we did as it was a little overwhelming at first. There are so many choices. The kids really enjoyed making their kitties (hello Kitty) and Dog (K picked this). They all selected a sound for their furry friends: A selected a meow, E selected the Happy Birthday Song, and K Selected the Take me out to the ball game song. Here are some pictures of them warming up the hearts for their new furry friends.

After they all helped put the stuffing in the bears then there was an "air" bath selection where you washed up your new friend. K really liked to wash his new doggy and proceeded to do this about 25 times even after we had the new doggy dressed.
It was a lot of fun, a little expensive for three furry friends that were all dressed up but so worth it. These kids worked hard at potty training and we felt they deserved a big treat.
A is still struggling on going number 2 in the potty. I can't seem to figure it out with her. I am not sure if she knows that she has the power so she just refuses or what. It really gets me angry when she poops in her pants and then dances around and sings that she just pooped her pants. It would be one thing if she felt bad about it but she thinks it is funny. Jon and I are struggling with what to do about this. We had to take her kitty away from her yesterday and she still has not earned it back. She needs to poop on the potty before she gets it back.
Tonight as we were tucking the kids into bed, E asked why A did not have her kitty. We explained that it was because she poops in her pants. E then asked why she does that so I told her to ask A:
E "Meme why do you poop in your pants?"
A "I scared Lela"
E "What are you scared of Meme?"
A "I don't know"
E "Meme it does not hurt to poop in the potty, it feels good"
A "Oh"
E "Only babies poop in their pants, Meme, You need to go on the potty"
K then pipes in with "It doesn't hurt Meme and it kind of looks like snakes"

Jon and I just giggled at them. He if she won't poop on the potty for Mommy and Daddy maybe she will do it for E and K.

Another potty story from tonight. K went potty and when he was done he got down from the toilet and said "Bye Bye Toilet Paper you are gonna go see the sharks now!
I have no idea where they get this stuff.

No comments: