Friday, May 04, 2007

What A Week!


This week has been so busy for us. I actually worked close to 40 hours this week! Yikes. I am sure glad that I do not have to do that every week as it is really hard to manage a house and work that much.
Our week started off with a bang when we discovered that the suspicion that we had about having mice actually became a reality. So this story begins when the other morning after I got home from the gym I was about to get in the shower and I looked down to see a DEAD mouse about 5" from where I was standing. Needless to say at that moment I screamed to Jon who was still in bed that we had a dead mouse in our bedroom. He immediately got up and took care of it. It is important to mention at this point that we have two cats that live in our house and one of them caught this little mouse and played with it until it was no longer alive!!! Thank GOD!
Fast forward a couple mornings later and I woke up to my alarm. I was about to get out of bed and head to the gym but I heard Toby jumping around. At the time I just figured that he was playing with Dexter (the other cat) but then when I looked down and saw that Dexter was no where in sight I just knew Toby was after a mouse. Sure enough before I could even blink a mouse ran out from underneath Jon's dresser! I think my heart stopped and then I started screaming over and over again, "there a mouse in here and it is alive" This of course jerked Jon awake and in the next five minutes I (and Aimee and KJ who happened to walk in on this) watch Jon in his underwear and Toby (the cat) chase this mouse around our bedroom. Jon finally caught it and disposed of it.
So after this incident I declared that it was official...we have a mouse problem. Jon went out and got some traps. We have yet to catch any in the traps and if we don't in the next few days I will be calling some professional help in to get rid of the mice. The last thing I need is to have to deal with a mouse if and when Jon is not around.
So on top of that happening and me working crazy hours, last night we were blessed with the Stomach flu amongst our kids. As a parent of triplets I can say that the hardest thing about having multiples is when they all get sick at the same time. Luckily they are getting old enough now to make it to the toilet or in a bucket so the mess is less but it is still no fun when you have kids that are throwing up.
I am exhausted to say the least as I have had about 7 hours of sleep in two nights. Please pray for us that Jon and I don't get the flu, we are healthy for the big MS Walk on Sunday, that we don't have any more mouse incidents, and most importantly that the kids are back to their happy and fun loving personalities tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I don't think you have a mouse problem so much as you have a cat problem!! the cats need to "man up" and get those mice!
Maybe you want to borrow my little sweet torti Kit, who is declawed but still kills chipmunks, mice, birds, etc....? Toby & Dexter would be so embarrassed!!!