Sunday, May 06, 2007

The MS Walk Was a HUGE Success!


I was a top fundraiser!

We had such an awesome day for the walk today. It was not sunny and bright but the rain held off and we ALL successfully completed the walk. Here are a few of the highlights from today:

• There were 17 people that walked on my team with me.
• As a team we raised close to $5000.
• I hit a personal fundraising high as I raised $2815 to be exact.
• The MS Society raised over $2M dollars from this event.
• We had fun and everyone that walked said they would walk with me again next year!

Every year that I do this event I always have a lot of anxiety about raising the money and putting the team together! Every year this walk continues to be a success. I have learned that no matter what he weather does (one year it snowed 12") we always seem to finish this walk and people feel great about what they have accomplished.
This walk helps me feel the warmth and love from so many people who donate their money and their time by walking with me.

God has sure blessed me with incredible friendships and support from a tremendous amount of people. I am tired tonight after walking so many miles but I am going to bed feeling fulfilled!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nicole!! on being a top fundraiser!! you rock!
That is pretty impressive too that your team raised that much moola... I wish I could have walked with you but ..I was at work... I will donate though, its such a good cause and I want MS cured so you can stick around for a gazillion years and I can call you a dork from time to time! DORK!!!
see you in "da circle" soonly!
-Susy

Jennifer said...

Congrats, Nicole!!!