Sunday, February 24, 2008

Freckles

Wikipedia states:
Freckles are small colored spots of melanin on the exposed skin or membrane of people with complexions fair enough for them to be visible....

Yesterday when I picked up my sweet daughter Ella to get one of her famous bear hugs I noticed some spots on her face. The closer I looked there were more than just one. Then thinking I was crazy I asked Jon to come and take a look. He confirmed that their were spots and that our sweet daughter Ella is now getting freckles.

This should not have been such a big surprise to me because I have freckles and my mom has freckles too. I am sure freckles go way back in our family history. However, I was surprised because I did not expect freckles to just show up! Ella was embarrassed at first when I was pointing them out to Grandma and Grandpa over the weekend but then tonight while we were brushing her teeth she wanted to point them all out.

It will be fun to see who they show up on next!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ella is so lucky, this just proves she has some Irish in her...

She really does give the best hugs...

Grandma Mary

Anonymous said...

ooooooh I love a li'l smattering of freckles! we don't have freckles in our family, dang it! which is weird cuz I am Irish.
Your little munchkins are just gettin sweeter and cuter!!

ps: glad to read about the great MRI results!!

Colored With Memories said...

Freckles are the best...My Lily...born in 9/04 has some too!

Thanks for your comment...it looks like we have lots in common...I am also Leo and turning 32 this year...do the PT work thing, etc...BUT I don't have a trio!

I'll be checking back! God Bless. Kerry