Thursday, February 07, 2008

Pretty

Last night in the middle of the night, KJ got sick all over his bed. As a mother I have to say that the worst thing we have dealt with yet is the stomach flu. If we have to get sick then I would much rather take a cold and running nose rather than the stomach flu. I HATE the stomach flu.

We are still not sure why he got sick as he has been his happy old self all day today but none the less, he did not get to go to school this morning as we did not want to spread the stomach flu to all of his classmates.

The girls went off to school though and they had a great time as usual. The craft that they did today was a door hanger that says "Jesus Loves Me". The used water color paints at school to decorate their hangers. On the way home from school, Jon said that he over heard the girls arguing about their "door hangers". When he asked them what they were talking about, Aimee said that she thought her hanger was prettier than Ella's hanger because she painted more of it. Jon then explained to them that both of the door hangers are pretty and that they had both done a great job on them. Then Aimee pipes up from the backseat and says "Ella's hanger is pretty, daddy, it is just not VERY Pretty"! Jon and I had a good laugh over this one.

This morning, I was late to work as I was trying to help Jon get Kendrick all cleaned up from the rough night and also get the girls ready to go to school. I told Aimee to get her clothes that I had put out and that I would help her put them on. A few minutes later I noticed that the bathroom door was shut so I opened it and Aimee then exclaimed to me to "Get Out" as she was trying to get dressed and then she shut the door right on me. I stood in shock for a minute as I could not believe that my little baby girl that just a month ago needed some assistance in getting dressed is now needing privacy to get her clothes on and off.

Jon watched this whole thing and then laughed at me. He told me that this has been going on all week. I asked him when our kids went from being 3.5 yrs to 20 yrs old? He was teasing me all about needing to let go blah blah blah and thought he was pretty smart until I responded to him and exclaimed that I needed another baby. My babies are gone and I need another one!!! Let's just say he stopped laughing and told me I am crazy! I just smiled.

Hopefully tonight things will be a little more quiet in this house. I have big FEAR of the stomach virus as it is not pretty not even just a little bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

KJ and I had a good day, we played and watched movies so I don't think he missed school too much. He never seemed sick to me so must have been a quick bug.....

Grandma Mary