Thursday, February 14, 2008

What does love mean?


Happy Valentine's Day 2008! Thank you to all that sent us Valentine wishes and gave us Valentine treats! The kids love it all. They woke up asking if they could eat some chocolate. Today they have school so last night we had them get their Valentines ready for their friends. It is so much fun to watch them get so exited about holidays such as Valentines day. It brings back memories of when I was a kid and getting Valentine's at school and really enjoying them.
The other night in the spirit of Valentine's Day, I asked the kids what Love means. Here is what their answers were:

Aimee: "Mommy & Daddy"

Ella: "Being nice to each other"

KJ: "Hugs & Kisses"

I assured them that all of those things mean love and so many other things do too. I am thankful for this holiday and the fact that it helps me to step back and really think about and focus on all the people in my life that I love. In my busy days, I sometimes forget to slow down and smell the roses. This Valentines Day, Jon and I have made a promise to slow down, focus more on each other, and truly soak in these days of parenting preschoolers and the innocence of it all.
Happy Valentine's Day to all of you. May cupid strike at just the right moment!

No comments: