Saturday, February 02, 2008

KJ's My Star


This afternoon and evening, I was lucky enough to have a date with my buddy, KJ. We had such a great time and it is always so refreshing to be out and about with just one kid. I love to focus my attention one of my kids and I know they love it when they get all my attention too.
We started out going to visit one of my very good friends who is suffering from a severe case of Postpartum depression. I feel so bad for her and what she is going through. We had a nice visit and I hope that I was able to help her with some of the hard feelings she has going on right now. It is hard to watch your loved ones and close friends go through something like depression. It is hard to understand and it is hard to know what to say. I promised her that I knew she would get better and that she was well loved and supported. Wow! Postpartum depression is a nasty nasty disease. KJ and I successfully entertained her little girl and we also helped lighten the mood for her family who is trying to help her out.
After our visit we headed to the mall to go on some rides and visit Build A Bear workshop. KJ really enjoyed his time with me and I equally enjoyed my time with him. The mall was very busy but we made the best of it. It is always amazing to me how the personalities of the kids really change when they get one on one time with Jon or I. He was so happy and he really enjoyed having all of my attention focused just on him.
When we finished at the mall we headed home where KJ had an Ice Cream sandwich and fell fast asleep in the chair watching his Cars movie.
This morning as we were getting ready to go to church KJ came upstairs and asked me "Mommy where are the sisters"? This was funny to me because we never refer to Aimee and Ella as "the sisters".
We are going to take turns with all the kids for some one on one time. I am anxious for my time with the girls.

No comments: