Monday, February 18, 2008

A Healthy Update

I had my follow appointment from my annual MRI. The good news is that everything looks great! I was so relieved and now I do not have to worry about going on any medication for another 18 months. Yipppeeee. He wanted me back in a year but since I had a good report, we compromised on 18 months!
I had to wait over two hours to get in to see my Doctor. I was not surprised by this as he usually is running behind. Last year I had to wait about that long too. I don't mind because I really do trust and respect this doctor. Plus, the reason why he is always running behind is because he is so dedicated to his patients and what their concerns are. He has spent hours with me before answering my questions and taking the time to make sure I was comfortable about what was going on and what I needed to do for my health. Even my parents have met with him after I was diagnosed with the MS. He fit us in for a 15 minute appointment over his lunch but it ended up lasting for over an hour with his answering all of the questions and concerns that my parents had. They wanted a second opinion but I was not going to mess around so they met with him instead. After this session they were just as comfortable as I was with the diagnosis and treatment plan.
Big Thanks to Jane for watching the kids for me so they did not have to come along to my appointment with me. That could have been a disaster trying to entertain them for 2 hours while we waited for the appointment.

No comments: