Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tomorrow is D-Day

Okay so maybe I should have wrote that tomorrow is M-Day. What I mean is it is the hardest day of the year for me. I have my annual MRI! It is such a hard process that takes a lot out of me. The good news is that by this time tomorrow, it will all be over.
I went to the pharmacy the other day to get my prescription of Valium so I am all ready to go tomorrow. I laughed when the lady told me that the total for my prescription was $1.71! I exclaimed that at that price I should get myself one of these prescriptions more often! Everyone had a good laugh including the Pharmacist.
In all seriousness the MRI tomorrow is hard for a number of reasons. I am very claustrophobic so getting put inside a tunnel is hard in and of itself, however, I have to have scans of my brain and my spine which each area takes about 45 Minutes so the whole process take about 1.5 hours. Furthermore, once they have me laying on the table to do the scans, they place a cage like mechanism over my head. This is what I have the hardest time with. Even with medication to help me relax, it is very hard for me to relax through this process. I bring someone along with me to not only drive me but also to sit at my feet and rub my leg.
This means I need to have back up at home to not only watch the kids while I am gone but also to watch them once I get home as I am usually out of it for the rest of the day.
I probably sound like a big wimp because I know I feel like one. I am generally a very strong person. However, this is just one of a few things that scares the wits out of me. So I have been trying not to think about this all that much this week. Every time I do my stomach hurts and I have some anxiety. However, tomorrow it will be done with and then I can stop thinking about this again for another year.
I know life could be so much worse. We could be in a situation like this, where I am sure they wish the least of their worries were getting through an MRI session. This family is dealing with a lot so please pray for baby Gwenth that she continues to be strong and grow into a healthy baby girl. Please pray for the mom that she can get the transplant she needs so she can continue to be the wonderful mother to Gwenth that she is. Please pray for the dad that he continues to have the strength he needs to support his family.
Please pray for me for strength and courage tomorrow and I face one of my biggest fears. Tonight as we were tucking the kids into bed, they told me that I need to be brave for the doctor tomorrow. They said that it doesn't hurt and that maybe I will get a treat if I don't cry. So sweet and innocent. I love them and my husband too for all the support they give me. I can guarantee that tomorrow when they put me in that machine my thoughts will be of those 4 amazing people. God is good even if he tests my strength!
Wish me luck!

No comments: