Monday, January 07, 2008

Two S's and a P

On Saturday, we could not decide if we wanted to take the kids Skating or Sliding so we decided to do both since the park we went to has both a skating rink and a sliding hill. We started off with Skating. This is something new to the kids. I was really happy that I had my mom and my brother there for support. The girls did great with the skating and Kendrick did okay but he really could not stand up on his own. I think the disadvantage that he had was that his skaters were true Hockey Skates and the girls had some skates that had longer blades and they are considered more of a beginner skate. Both Ella and Aimee were able to skate by themselves with out holding on to anything just for a short distance but it was still very impressive.Kendrick had a heck of a time standing on his own and our backs were killing us so we decided to move on to sledding! Next time we take them skating we are going to bring some foot stools along for them to hang on too so it won't hurt our backs so much.

We had a blast sledding. However, the kids get so tired out walking up the hill that we always end up pulling them up. I know I am a sucker but I also like the work out of it so I don't mind so much. Uncle T and I raced with the kids. It was fun. It was also great to see my mom is her 70's gold snowsuit sledding down the hill with the kids. We all really enjoyed it.
When we were done sledding then the kids wanted to play on the play equipment at the park so we spent some time doing that.Overall it was a lot of fun and when we got home the kids ate a huge lunch as I am sure they were hungry from all the energy they spent at the park.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Awesome family,
I read your whole blog .....LOL. How I had time, I do not know.
Shannon in Austin

Shannon said...

Awesome family,
I read your whole blog .....LOL. How I had time, I do not know.
Shannon in Austin

Jennifer said...

WHAT FUN!!! I am so envious of real Winter weather. It is 61 degrees here today!

Anonymous said...

wow that is a rockin! jumpsuit! hee hee hee!