Saturday, January 19, 2008

Make Up & Earrings

We have had a make up and earring explosion around here. We have two full blown princesses in this house. Luckily for Christmas, Grandma Mary gave the girls each their own cosmetic bag with brushes, lip gloss, mirrors, q-tips, lotion, etc.. The girls just LOVE these bags. Of course the rules are that they have to be siting at the table when use this stuff otherwise it would be all over the house. Jon caught Aimee the other day with all her make up set up on the foot stool. She was happily applying her "make up" for the day!
When we were at the mall last week we walked by a Claire's store so I decided to take the girls in to let them look around. We found some great sticker earrings that we got and we also bought some clip ons. What I quickly discovered was that the Clip On Earrings "clipped" a little to tight so the girls ears would hurt when we would take them off. I took the clip on earrings back but the girls like the stickers just as much.
I am such a girly girl myself that I think it is a lot of fun to take the girls "shopping" for girly things. Jon took KJ to another store that was more "boy" stuff. However, I do feel bad for KJ because he is surrounded by all of us girly girls all the time. He just told me the other day "Mommy, when I turn into a girl, I wanna wear hair bows, nail polish, earrings, and lip gloss"! All I can say to that is...he is gonna be one heck of a catch for some lucky lady someday. He will be all trained in with this "girly" stuff.

No comments: