Sunday, January 27, 2008

Living Room Camping

One of the many things I love about Jon being a daddy is his talent of dreaming up fun ideas to do with the kids. When I got home from work on Thursday, I was informed that there was going to be a camping trip right in our living room. I suggested that with all we have going on over the weekend that it might not be a great idea. Jon said that the kids had been talking about it all day. How could I say no to that.
After dinner, I started the baths and Jon got the tent all ready to set up in the living room. Then once we had all the kids bathed and dressed it was time to set up the tent. They loved it.
Once the tent was all ready to go we piled the kids in with the air mattress, blankets, and pillows. They also wanted to bring all of their stuffed animals with them too but we told them two each was all they were allowed in the tent due to the lack of room!Ella soon realized that her hair would stand straight up from rubbing it on the tent sides so they had a good time doing that for awhile. Poor KJ wanted his hair to stand up too. We pretended that it did.
We then turned the lights off and Daddy told some friendly "Ghost" stories to the kids. It was such a fun night. They really enjoyed the living room camp out so I am sure we will be doing that again. The best part about it was that there was not enough room in the tent for all of us so I got to go up to a nice and cozy bed! That was daddy's idea and it might have been the best one yet!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds like My husband. I would be all over that sleeping alone thing in a cozy bed :)

Anonymous said...

Jon really is a great dad, what a fun night for all. It will be good practice for our summer camping trip. I suppose it was a good night for mom all by herself with some much needed sleep. The kids look so happy, good for you guys....you are the best.

Grandma Mary