Saturday, January 27, 2007

MRI's are Evil!


So I have mentioned in a few posts now that I have MS. I was diagnosed with this in 1998 and it really does not bother me to much. I usually have an "episode" every 2-3 years so I can't complain. At these times they put me on a Steroid IV and I am usually feeling better in no time.

I went off my medication to get pregnant and I have not gone back on it yet. I just get so fearful that the meds are going to destroy my liver or other organs. My neurologist seems to think I am doing fine off the medication but he did tell me that I need to have an MRI every year (I pushed it to every two years and he was fine with this).

MRI's are not painful but if you are Claustrophobic like me they are very very hard to do. I usually have to have a good dose of Valium when I have these done. Last time I had a MRI was in January of 2005. It went fine but I did not have a strong enough dose of Valium because I was still very uncomfortable.

It is time for me to call and make an appointment to get another MRI done. I have been putting it off for a few weeks because I am just trying to breath from the 4 months of intense school and then the surgery. However, I think I need to call...wait I mean I know I need to call. My goal is to get an appointment set for sometime in February. The last two times I have gone, my mom has come with me and she sits in the room at my feet while the procedure is being done. This gives me a little comfort.

It is not as easy to get these things scheduled anymore because I need to find someone to watch the kids, someone has to drive me there, and then I need a good 3 hours after to sleep the Valium off. However, these MRI's are important and I need to make that appointment.

I will post once I get it all set up. This blog is holding me accountable.

No comments: