Friday, January 12, 2007

Santa in January?

Tonight we decided to go out for dinner instead of eating in. I got home from work early so Jon and I headed over to the daycare center to pick up the kids. It is always fun to pick them up because I usually work late so I don't get a chance to do that.
Anyway, the kids were excited to go out and we found a restaurant that did not have a wait and they had a parking spot right in front. Since it was only 5 degrees outside this is always a bonus. So we were seated right away and once we got settled in the kids were being really good coloring and telling us about their day. All of a sudden a man walks in and is seated close to us. I did a double take as he looked just like Santa Claus. He was wearing a red sweater, he had the right belly, and he had white hair and a full white beard. Jon and I just glanced at each other and smiled. The next thing I know K starts shouting out "Look Mommy, it's Santa" Jon and I immediately started to laugh at this. K kept repeating it as I was trying to explain to him that it looked like Santa but it wasn't Santa as he has already gone back to the North Pole. Both Jon and I were thankful that this man did not hear K (at least we don't think he did) but what do you expect when you wear a red sweater, you have white hair and a beard and you are out in public shortly after Christmas! :O)

No comments: