Sunday, January 21, 2007

Pomp & Circumstance

So it is over...it is officially over! This afternoon at 3 PM I participated in the graduation ceremonies for my Master's Degree. It felt great! To be honest with you I just did not feel like it was that big of a deal as I started the program in January of 2002 and I think I have forgotten all of the hard work I have put into this degree. It is something that I never thought I would do. I mean I never thought I would go back to school. I really dislike school and studying, however, I am an overachiever and this program was really intriguing to me.
In fact, the day I found out I was having Triplets, I had school that night so I headed over to school after my appointment. I now ask myself why because I really did not get much out of it as I was to preoccupied but I was dedicated to school. The plan was for me to finish school before we had kids. This would have been very doable if it would have been the normal singleton pregnancy but since we had a high risk pregnancy I had to take some time off of school. Two years to be exact. My Hubby & Me!
I am proud of myself and this accomplishment. I am grateful for my family and friends who helped me to realize that even if I did not think this was a big deal it was, it was a very big deal. I am proud to tell my children that I have a Master's degree and to be a role model to them on why school is so important in our world today.


Today, proceeding in with all of my classmates and walking past all of the professors, family, and friends who were cheering all of us on, helped me to realize what an accomplishment this was. I have a Masters degree...wow, who would have thought!


My Dad & Mom with me!

5 comments:

Laura said...

That is a huge accomplishment that takes so much dedication. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I big Congratulations to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nicole!!!
whoooo hooooo!!!

very proud of you!!

-Susy

Geologychick said...

Congrats on that degree! You should be proud! I got here through Jenna's (Amazing Trips) Blog. I really like your Blog!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your HUGE accomplishment!